hink you’re fully protected? Take this 2-minute test and see if you’re a candidate for a $1 million lawsuit. If you answer “yes” to two or more of these questions you might be.
Do you own your home?
Do you own a vacation home?
Do you own waterfront property?
Do you have a swimming pool on your property?
Do you own more than one automobile?
Do you own a luxury automobile?
Do you own a power or sail boat?
Do you own a dog?
Do you have above-average family income?
Major Lawsuits Considerations
• You don’t have to be a millionaire to be sued like a millionaire.
• Juries don’t seem to care about the ability to pay when they award judgments.
• Your auto insurance will protect you only to the limits of your liability coverage.
• Your homeowners insurance will protect you only to the limits of your liability coverage.
• You might not have done anything wrong and still be forced to pay. (Even a fenced-in pool has been
deemed “an attractive nuisance.”)
• You can lose nearly everything you own— and still be liable to pay more against future earnings.
The Simple Solution
Worried? There is good reason. Thankfully, there is an easy way to get the protection and peace of mind you need and deserve.
Consider getting at least $1 million dollar “umbrella” liability protection over and above your basic homeowners and automobile liability limits. Make sure the “umbrella” you purchase covers you for motor vehicle and watercraft operations. You should also be certain you are covered for incidents involving any property covered by your homeowner’s policy.
Another consideration: it is wise to ask about coverage for incidents involving libel, slander, character defamation, privacy invasion and false arrest. You may also want to consider coverage for everyone—relatives or others—residing with you.
Ultimately, make sure you understand what is covered and what’s not.
Need an umbrella? Call Muller—we’ve got you covered.
Need an umbrella?
Call Muller—we’ve got you covered.